What kind of survey do I need for my project?
Our experienced team of surveyors at TruMetric offer a comprehensive range of surveying services and support a range of clients, from building owners to architects and developers to designers. However, we understand that sometimes the initial challenge our clients face is that they are unsure which methods are right for their project, or what type of survey is required to produce the results and data that their situation needs.
The first step we take is to discuss with our clients what they are looking to achieve from conducting a survey. There’s plenty of information to gain from the various types of survey available, which is why we speak with clients in detail to allow them to explain what they need the survey to inform them about. This then allows us to advise on the most appropriate type of survey that can deliver what they are looking for, which may not always be the obvious or common option.
Here are some of the common reasons for seeking a survey below;
• To identify specific size or positions of a building, structure, or piece of land
• To gain a better understanding of potential risks further down the line
• To understand the current condition of a building and identify its arrangement
• To use to create detailed designs and drawings from the captured data or a 3D model
• To identify differences between design drawings and the actual site or building
• To document progress on a project
• To ensure you have a full, up to date record of a site or building
• To use for insurance compliance or Land Registry applications
• To understand the height of features or structures in a surrounding area e.g. buildings, trees, ground levels.
• To access a view e.g. via drone, which would otherwise be inaccessible or difficult/dangerous to survey with traditional methods
• To verify that a building has been constructed properly and matches the contracted designs
• To gain accurate, detailed measurements to avoid costly development and design errors
We provide a few main survey types;
• Measured Building Survey
• Topographic Survey
• Drone Survey
It can be frustrating to embark on a project and be faced with uncertainty and a lack of knowledge or experience, but that’s why we’re the experts in the surveying field, so you don’t have to be! We’re familiar with working on buildings and sites of all shapes and sizes and can provide you with our expert commentary following inspection.
The main thing to keep in mind is that a survey shouldn’t be perceived as a cost, they are a worthwhile investment when undertaking a project, small or large, to avoid costly errors or unexpected works in future.
Our professional surveyors can work with you to understand your project and the results needed from your survey, providing a bespoke service tailored to meet these criteria. We look beyond traditional methods, combining the tried and tested operations with the latest technology to ensure we provide the most accurate and detailed reports possible. As well as undertaking the most suitable survey for your project, we can then transform the data gained into something workable, from 3D models to plans or elevations and more.
Are you in need of a survey but unsure which method suits your needs? Contact us to discuss your project in more detail and we can advise on a suitable approach to surveying.